Thursday, April 07, 2011

A Look Into Some Twisted Gray Matter (and other things)

Every once in awhile, I like to give readers a glimpse in how I work (I know, pretty scary). One of the most important ways I approach a story is how to describe it. The way I view myself is that I am a motion picture camera, trying to capture everything in the scene that is important and giving the reader a sense of place. For instance, I have a mental blueprint of Jeffery and Stephanie's parents house. I know the layout, the furniture, the decor. I try to express that in words without detracting from the story itself. I know that I am not always successful but I hope that readers get a sense of the place as well. I am working on Chapters 7 and 8 of 'Summer Training'. What I had pictured taking up 1 to 2 chapters, is now running into 4. I have had some contenuity issues that I have had to correct, but I think the end product is going to be great. I still plan to release a chapter a month, but that might change if I get enough material written and proofed. Someone has graciously offered to proof 'On French Soil'. I know it is a massive undertaking and I hope (again) to get another chapter done for it. So until next time, play safe T.S.

No comments: