Monday, May 11, 2009

In The Mind Of Fesseln Part A

A few of you have written me about how I write. I figured I would let you glance into the warped and jellified brain of T.S. and how I go about the writing process in a series of little blogs. Todays lesson is coming up with an idea.

Most of my ideas start with the title for the story. Very rarely do I start a piece without coming up with a title. In fact, my computer is filled with partially completed stories that have a working title and a few paragraphs attached to it. 'Walking The Line' is just such a story. It came to me when listening to that old Johnny Cash song and putting a perverted twist on it.

Longer stories, like 'Summer Project', the concept just sort of came to me. I knew where I wanted the story to go and the points I had to get to to get it there. So nestled in this computer of mine is a general outline of the story.

Some stories I start don't seem to go anywhere and grind to a halt. I know what I want to do but the concept just slows to a mere trickle. Those I keep on the back burner and I will revisit them from time to time. When looking at my list of stories:Fesseln's Fiction: August 2008, you see a few titles as 'In Progress'. These stories have more than a few pages written and I hope to complete them in the near future.

A few stories are for people that have sent in their ideas or have a desire for me to write a story for them. 'Seperate Vacation' and 'Cherry On Top' are two such stories that have come to be this way. There are several stories I have written for others that I have not published for various reasons but may reveal themselves later, with the names changed to protect the guilty.

For you 'Summer Project' fans, another chapter is nearing completion and I hope to have it completed soon.

As always, feel free to leave comments.

T.S.

No comments: