Thursday, September 08, 2011

Putting Me In The Mood. . .

So how do I get into the the 'right' mood to write? A good example is what I was doing this afternoon. I am writing the 'serious' Halloween story for this year and I needed something to help me get into the tense mood I need to set. I did this by pawing through my soundtrack collection and putting in a few appropriate scores. On of my favorite for this is a Christopher Young score for Haunted Summer. It sets just the right mood for the beginning of the story. Later, I will turn to a few dark scores like 'The Dark Half' and Midnight Syndicates "13th Hour" and "Vampyre".

I find that music sets the ambiance that I want and it is just plain easier to write.

Well, that's my tidbit for the day.

Take care and play safe.

T.S.

No comments: