Sunday, January 10, 2010

Pain

Pain, for me, is a very hard subject to deal with. Personally, I really don't enjoy inflicting it in my personal life. There are other, subtle tortures I like to inflict on my partners (tickling and teasing, to name a couple). I have known 1 or two 'pain sluts' in my wanderings, but on some deep level I never understood it. From an intellectual standpoint, I know about the release of endorphins and how that 'high' is what that sub is looking for. For me, however, pain is pain and usually to be avoided.

Now, I have used floggers in a limited way, adjustible clamps as well as candle wax; all of these with great moderation. I have professional training in the use of the whip but I would never use one on a human being. I could also see myself spanking or paddling someone.

That being said, you can know see how it affects my writing. I very rarely use pain as a substitute for pleasure in my stories and that is the reason why.

Take care

T.S.

1 comment:

JohnP said...

When using a gag I rcommend using a manual "safe word". I have my sub click her fingers 3 times when gaged and I have been in the D's world for over 50 years and it's always worked.