Friday, June 05, 2009

The Mind Of Fesseln part D

Time. That is why it takes so long to see a story or chapter come to fruition. On average, when given a block of time that is not consumed with chores around the house, I write about 1/2 a page an hour. Of course, that is the actual writing. When doing stories like 'On French Soil' or 'Bounding Main', there is a certain amount of research that goes on as well. In 'Bounding Main', even though I have sailed, I have never sailed the size of boat in the story nor have I ever sailed on Lake Mead. So in order to make the story credible, I had to do a little research.

Stories like 'Summer Project' tend to take less time researching, but occasionally I will place characters in situations that I myself have not experienced so I rely of what experiences other people have had. Long stories like 'Summer Project' also have outlines, a skeleton, on which to build the story so it has continuity of plot.

I have started 'Speaking Volumns', the first of the setting challenges and have started getting Chapter 19 done of 'Summer Project'.

Please feel free to add settings and make comments.

Take care

T.S.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So excited about the challenge stories. Great idea for the summer. And you can tell that whatever your setting is, it's always detailed and well constructed.

Anonymous said...

It's really impressive that you put so much effort into your stories. It definitely pays off and sets you apart from the other amateur bondage/bdsm writers online. Keep up the good work!